Tenant and Commercial Real Estate Pro FAQ
( For further answers and information also see the Tenant Education Guide. )
- How do I set up an account?
- How much does your service cost?
- What others types of space do you have?
- How do I set up a tour?
- I sent in a request, why isn’t the broker calling back?
- I need a broker can you help with this?
- Isn’t it expensive to use a broker?
- Can you help with getting my new space set up?
- How do I leave a review of a building?
- Can I view my search on a map
- Can I email my search results?
- I don’t have time to search for space, can you send me updated listings that match my search criteria?
- How do you calculate the cost per space?
- Help, I need to move in the next 30 days, how do I do this?
- Who should I contact with questions?
- Do you have a red stapler?
Real Estate Pro Questions
- How do I set up my account?
- How much does this cost?
- What markets are you currently in?
- How do you get listings?
- How can I claim my space or listing?
- Why can’t I claim a listing?
- How do I update a listing?
- Do I need to login every time I visit OfficeSpace.com?
- Do you remind us to update our spaces?
- What are Featured Listings?
- Do you work with guest bloggers or accept story ideas on commercial real estate or technology for your blog?
- I’m interested in working as one of your Local Tenant Representatives. Where can I learn more?
1. How do I set up an account?
It’s easy to set up your free account. Just go to OfficeSpace.com and click on the Sign up link on the top right of the page. You can also use your LinkedIn account to login and set up an account. (Don’t worry we won’t be accessing any of your LinkedIn account details.)
2. How much does your service cost?
Nothing, it’s 100% free.
3. What other types of space do you have?
You can search for all types of commercial space including office, retail, industrial, medical, flex space and more.
4. How do I set up a tour?
When you see a space that meets your needs, click on the “Request Details” green button to schedule a tour, or contact one of our Tenant Rep brokers featured on each listing.
5. I sent in a request, why isn’t the broker calling me back?
Brokers receive multiple calls on their listings and from time to time they may be delayed in getting back to you. We often give brokers a courtesy call if we notice that there hasn’t been a response but ultimately, we can’t control this.
Sometimes brokers don’t return you call because you are not perceived to be a tenant who is serious about leasing space or sometimes brokers feel that the most motivated tenants will be represented by a tenant rep broker. So, they will wait for a call from a tenant rep broker. We don’t agree with this but we have heard it before.
6. I need a broker can you help with this?
Yes, absolutely, we work with a number of tenant rep brokers all over the country who are able to help you find the right space for your business. In fact, each listing features a choice of Tenant Rep Brokers for you to contact directly. They can help with questions, setting up tours, negotiating your lease and much more.
7. Isn’t it expensive to use a broker?
You do not pay any out of pocket expenses to use a broker. The landlord pays your broker commissions based on your lease terms and has already taken this into account in the rental rates. It’s important that you know this, as your broker should be working hard for you to earn their commission.
Depending on how complex your individual situation is, it may be expensive not to use a broker. A good broker can help save you money in many ways including rate negotiations, tenant improvement negotiations, pocket space negotiations, right of first refusal, or even getting your new landlord to buyout your existing lease, etc.
8. How do I leave a review of a building?
Find the building that you used to or currently work in and leave a review. The review box is on the bottom of every space detail page.
9. Can I view my search on a map?
Yes, all searches default to our interactive map view, we’ve recently updated this service for your convenience.
10. Can I email my search results?
Yes, when you see a space you like, just copy and paste the URL in an email and send it off.
11. I don’t have time to search for space, can you send me updated listings that match my search criteria?
You bet, we offer a free “Market Survey” based on your needs. We’ll handpick and only send you listings that meet your requirements.
12. How do you calculate the cost per space?
Rent calculations are posted in terms of estimated dollars per month to keep things consistent for the tenant. If your lease is NNN, we’ve taken the stated operating costs for the previous year and applied it to the rent. If you have a gross rate, then we simply multiply the rate times square footage and divide by 12. Obviously, we know that our number may not be exact but our goal is to provide tenants with a number as close as possible to what their actual rent payment would look like per month.
13. Help, I need to move in the next 30 days, how do I do this?
Contact us immediately and we’ll send you a list of turnkey solutions available in the next 30 days.
14. Who should I contact with questions?
15. Do you have a red stapler?
Real Estate Pro Answers
1. How do I set up my account?
It’s easy to set up your free account. Just go to OfficeSpace.com and click on the Sign up button on the top right of the page. Need more information on all the great services available to you? Visit our “For Real Estate Pros” section and learn about all the tools and services available to anyone in the professional side of commercial real estate. (To set up an OfficeSpace.com account you can use your LinkedIn login information or sign up manually.)
2. How much does this cost?
It is 100% free for your listing.
3. What markets are you currently in?
We are a nationwide platform and have current listing information for all markets.
4. How do you get listings?
We get our listing information from multiple sources including feeds from companies, listing aggregators, IDX’s, brokerage firms, building owners, property managers, user-generated information and publicly available sources. We have also acquired databases for commercial properties in the US going back to 1995.
5. How can I claim my space or listing?
Click on “For Real Estate Pros” and follow the instructions. You will need to create your free account if you don’t already have one.
6. Why can’t I claim a listing?
If a space has already been claimed by another party, you may not be able to claim the listing. If you are a broker and you have been awarded the listing or are the landlord, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make the change for you.
7. How do I update a listing?
Login to your account and visit the For Real Estate Pros menu, this will take you to your Broker Tool Box. From here you can update and edit listings under the Buildings tab.
8. Do I need to login every time I visit OfficeSpace.com?
We should remember you’ve been to the site before but if not, we’ll prompt you to login whenever you’re doing something that needs it.
9. Do you remind us to update our spaces?
Yes, we’ll email you a friendly reminder to update your spaces once a month. However, it’s in your best interest to keep all your spaces up to date so that potential tenants have the best and most current information.
10. What are Featured Listings?
Featured Listings are premium placements given to your properties. They are strategically placed in highly trafficked visible areas and receive 10x more clicks than regular listings. Click here to learn more.
11. I’m interested in working as one of your Local Tenant Representatives. Where can I learn more?
Please contact Howard Kang for more information on becoming a Local Tenant Representative at email@example.com or (888) 998-6867.
12. Do you work with guest bloggers or accept story ideas on commercial real estate or technology for your blog?
Absolutely, drop us a line we’d love to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org